Hungarian Vegetable and Sprout Soup
Beautiful, Delicious, Refreshing.
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 Tbs. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. hot paprika (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 2 small carrots - cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 cups cabbage - thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper - chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cups Beanie's Awesome Mix and/or other bean sprouts
- 4 cups tomatoes - chopped or crushed
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 5 cups vegetable broth (or broth of choice)
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. dill
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream or yogurt
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the oil
- Sauté the onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add paprika, marjoram, carrots, and cabbage - cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, sprouts, and tomatoes - cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice, wine, broth, soy sauce, and dill -
- simmer for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Serve with dollop of sour cream or yogurt and crusty black bread or Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread.