Gorgeous. Delicious. Addictive.
- Boiling water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cucumber - peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbs. capers
- 1 - 2 cups Peasant Mix or Crimson Lentils, French Lentils, Green Lentils, or any other Lentils you like.
- 2 scallions - sliced thin
- 2 medium tomatoes - chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley - leaves only
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 - 4 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Bibb lettuce (optional)
- Add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water to bulgur wheat.
- Stir and cover until chewable and cool - about 15-20 minutes.
- Peel, slice, chop and in all ways; prepare your veggies.
When bulgur is coolish:
- In large bowl, combine cooled bulgur, sprouts, capers and vegetables and toss well.
- In a small bowl: Mix oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour over that pretty stuff in the bowl and toss until well blended.
- Serve over lettuce leaves.
- Sun-dried tomatoes are a great alternative for the fresh ones!