Smoky Southwestern Hummus
Thick, creamy, smoky, and salty, this hummus would work amazingly well on wraps with other southwestern flavors. This would especially work with vegetables as well. Basically just give it a try with anything you can dip!
- 2 cups sprouted garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- A few drops liquid smoke (begin with just a few and use more if you want more smoke flavor)
- Juice of 1 large or 2 small limes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place garbanzo beans in a food processor.
- Add tahini and the lime juice. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add liquid smoke, salt, chili powder, cumin, and a tiny dash cayenne. Blend again, and re-season to taste if need be.
- Freak out about how delicious this is.
Adapted from Gena Hemshaw
From Raw Food Recipes