Spicy Lentil Summer Rolls
This is a fun recipe to make. The rice wraps are stretchy and clear. Makes such a pretty dish!
- 6 rice paper wraps (you can typically find these in the asian section of well stocked markets)
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/4 cup grated beets
- 1 large avocado
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 1-2 Tbsp. sriracha*
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- pinch of salt
*Sriracha is a sweet Asian chili sauce (the bottled kind works fine, too). See how to make it below the main recipe.
- Set up your roll workspace. You need a large bowl of warm water and a damp dish towel to work on.
- Set out your cilantro, carrots, beets, avocado and in a small mixing bowl, combine the cooked lentils with siracha, sesame oil and pinch of salt. Taste and adjust heat as desired. Remember this is what flavors the entire roll.
- Working one roll at a time. Put the wrap flat into the large bowl of warm water, being careful to not let it curl up, until soft, about one minute.
- Lay the wrap down on the dish towel. Down the center, like a burrito, layer the cilantro, small handful of the carrots and beets, a few slices of avocado and a modest 1/4 cup of the lentils.
- Fold over the top and bottom ends over the filling, tuck the right flap over and then roll to close.
- Repeat with remaining wraps.
Enjoy or if traveling, store in plastic wrap for easy transport.
Adapted from Sara Forte, Sprouted Kitchen