In this recipe, chickpeas are replaced with sprouted sunflower seeds, while the rest of the recipe remains in line with tradition for a thick, flavorful and filling dip. Serve with local organic veggies, flax crackers or on top of fresh salads.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 4-6 hours in pure water, drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup raw sesame tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- Olive oil, paprika and/or parsley to garnish, if desired
- Place garlic cloves in the food processor fit with the s-blade.
- Process to chop finely.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and process until smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley.
From Raw Food Recipes