Gomashio is a condiment - a topping - a mix-in. Though not a meal on its own, it adds immeasurably to many. Gomashio is a staple of Japanese cuisine. If you are new to it you're in for a treat. It may become a necessary condiment in your kitchen, as it has in our's. We use it on a lot of thing...Read More
Salads and Side Dish Recipes
Salads obviously lend themselves to sprouts - whether they are the main ingredient or a lesser one, but there is a whole lot more that you can do than you might think...
Click the name of a Recipe to get to that recipe.
- 2 Tbs. corn, peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet pepper (any or all colors) - chopped
- 2 (or more) tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups Fenugreek Sprouts - chop...
Quick and Easy. This is a delightfully delicious snack or side dish.
- Pea Shoots
- Garlic to taste - minced
- Ginger to taste - minced or sliced (optional)
- Soy Sauce
- Heat a wok or pan up nice and hot.
- Toss in a bunch of garlic and ginger (optional) and then a whole mess of Pea Shoots o...
Gorgeous. Delicious. Addictive.
- Boiling water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cucumber - peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbs. capers
- 1 - 2 cups Peasant Mix or Crimson Lentils, French Lentils, Green Lentils, or any other Lentils you like.
- 2 scallions - sliced thin
- 2 medium tomatoes - chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley - ...
This dish is a favorite at our annual Block Party. It's a pretty decadent dressing, but ooooh, it is really, Really Good!
- 1 cup Crimson Lentil Sprouts, French Blue Lentils, Green Lentils, Red Chief Lentils, or Peasant Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. ketchup
- 2 Tbs. olive ...
Sprouts and seafood. Oh yes!
This dish can also be an entree if you like.
- 1 cup cooked shrimp
- 1 cup cooked crab or scallops
- 2 cups Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 cup chow mien noodles
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts - chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions - minced
- 1/4 cup parsley - chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 T...
There are some sprouts that are just too tender to cook. Here are a few ideas for incorporating these tender, delicious, gorgeous, nutritious items into your diet.
A delicious, sprouty - and fruity version of a classic salad.
As Cabbage is the traditional main ingredient in Cole Slaw - it and others in the Cole family listed first.
- 1-2 Cups Brassica Sprouts
- 1-2 Cups Leafy Sprouts
- 1/2 cup pineapple - chopped
- 1/2 cup green grapes - halved
- 1/2 cup yogurt
Most, if not all Americans have made potato salad at some point in their lives. We all know how to make it best - but few know that it is even better when elevated by the flavor and beauty of sprouts.
- Potato Salad
We're not about to tell You how to make potato salad. Go ahead and make it ...
Sprouts are Produce. Make a Salad!
- Anything & Everything
- Sprouts come in all shapes and sizes. Add some Leafy Sprouts or Bean Sprouts or Greens - or even Grain Sprouts to a salad of garden vegetables - OR better yet - use nothing but sprouts and toss with a li...
A light, ultra fresh low fat tabbouleh-style salad with sun dried tomatoes, spring onion, cucumber, sultanas, fresh mint and a squeeze of lemon juice. In replace of traditional wheat based bulgur this recipe utilizes the nutritionally packed seed quinoa in it's sprouted form. Sprouting the quinoa wi...Read More
This salad is gorgeous and the delicious creamy tangy apricot dressing is reason enough to make this recipe. When it comes to eating raw kale salad this secret is totally in the dressing. This recipe has vibrant flavors and a variety of fun textures and is not your average boring salad. The many phy...Read More
This is a refreshingly cold and "zippy" salad and is great to make ahead of time. If it is refrigerated overnight, it just tastes even better! I wanted to share this recipe that I made up and really like. Maybe someone else will like it too.
- 16 oz. brown rice spaghetti, cooked until tende...
Upgrade your basic tabbouleh and hummus recipe by sprouting your grains and beans for a 100% life force and nutrient activated meal! This recipe has plenty of yummy middle eastern flavor with fresh lemon, mint, parsley and garlic. We recommend about 4 cups sprouts for this recipe.