This dish is a favorite at our annual Block Party. It's a pretty decadent dressing, but ooooh, it is really, Really Good!
- 1 cup Crimson Lentil Sprouts, French Blue Lentils, Green Lentils, Red Chief Lentils, or Peasant Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. ketchup
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 smallish red onion - diced
- 1/2 - 1 Tbs. curry powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tomato - diced
- Chop veggies.
- Mix all ingredients (except tomato) together by tossing gently.
- Sprinkle diced tomato on top.
- If this recipe doesn't prove that you can do ANYthing with sprouts, I don't know what will.
- Feel free to substitute yogurt for the mayo and another tomato based product for the ketchup - it is your kitchen after all!
- Be sure to watch some of the folks first reactions when they taste this, and prepare yourself to tell them about it. They will be asking.
- We triple or quadruple this recipe for our parties. It is extremely popular.