- 2 cups of wheatgrass or 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed wheatgrass juice. Plain wheatgrass chops up pretty well in a blender so no need to buy a fancy juicer if all you want is the benefits of wheatgrass and you like a little texture. Wheat Grass juice will make this smoothie smoother, while chopped-up fiber in the grass will add thickness to your drink.
- 1 cup clover or other leafy sprout
- 1 cup sunflower or other greens
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbs. fresh onion
- 1 Tbs. fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup raw beet
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. fresh, grated ginger
- 1 cup fresh apple
- Salt to taste, or a dash of Bragg's amino acids.
If you prefer a sweet detox to a savory one, omit the onion, garlic, and thyme, and add 1 Tbs. honey or agave, or other sweetener, if desired. You can keep the salt or Braggs if desired; a little salt makes the sweetness a bit heavier.