Gil's Sprout Fried Rice
Created for and served at the wonderful Kafe Kohoutek in Madison, Wisconsin. Don't look for it - it's not there anymore =:-(
- 1 cup white rice (basmati and jasmine are our favorites)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 Tbs. oil (corn, peanut, or vegetable.)
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 8-16 oz. Sprouted Beans
- Combine the rice with the water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is done.
- Heat a skillet or wok over high heat for 1 minute, add oil and heat until smoking.
- Toss in Sprouted Beans and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice, soy sauce and sugar and continue stir frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and eat.
- This recipe serves approximately 2.
- Though this recipe - designed by chef Eric Rupert - calls for Beanie's Awesome Mix, any bean sprout will do quite nicely.
- You may use another rice if you insist @;-)
- Beans and Rice = a complete protein.
Seeds for Gil's Sprout Fried Rice