This salad is gorgeous and the delicious creamy tangy apricot dressing is reason enough to make this recipe. When it comes to eating raw kale salad this secret is totally in the dressing. This recipe has vibrant flavors and a variety of fun textures and is not your average boring salad. The many phytonutrients such as beta carotene in this salad are amazing for healthy lung tissue. Breathe deep and try it out for dinner tonight!
- 2 cups kale sprouts or one head purple kale
- 6 dried apricots, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup walnuts, raw
- 1 Honeycrisp or Fuji apple, sliced thinly
Creamy Apricot Ginger Dressing:
- Generous 1/2 cup dried apricots, packed
- 3/4 inch long knob raw ginger (or 1/2 tsp ginger powder)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari or nama shoyu
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
Blend all dressing ingredients together in a high speed blender.
Massage dressing into kale; I can't say precisely how much you'll need, because it varies depending on your taste, how many greens you have, and so on, but 2/3 - 3/4 cup is probably about right? Use your kitchen intuition!
Add remaining salad ingredients, either by sprinkling onto the salad, or mixing in. Divide into portions, and serve.
Adapted from Gena Hemshaw
From Raw Food Recipes