Sprouted Bean Burgers
This is one of our favorite sprout recipes. It's cooked but it is soooo good we don't care. The Tastiest Vegetable Burger Ever! Eat More Sprouts!
- 3 Cups of San Francisco Mix
or Beanie's Awesome Mix
or Pea Carnival
or Peasant Mix
or Spring Garden
OR Mix your own....
- 1 Cup Adzuki Sprouts
- and 1 Cup Lentil Sprouts
- and 1/2 Cup Mung Bean Sprouts*
- and 1/2 Cup Garbanzo Sprouts
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs. corn, sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour, or cracker crumbs, or panko
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs - slightly beaten
- 2-3 scallions - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Chop the Sprouts up - finely, or grind them in a food processor.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Shape into thin (1/4 inch) patties.
- Heat pan (cast iron works very well) over medium-high heat for a minute.
- Add oil and heat for a minute or so - until almost smoking.
- Place patties in pan. Brown lightly on each side.
- Garnish to your liking.
- Serve on bread, bun or none.
- Eat 'em up yum!
- If using cracker crumbs or panko, add them just before cooking to retain their crunch.
- You may freeze these burgers if you like.
- Separate un-cooked patties with wax paper and seal in a plastic bag.
- * Always use the denser bean sprouts (all but 'big thick' Mung Sprouts) as your main sprout - Mungs alone will not work well unless they are small (2 day) sprouts.
Sprouted Bean Burgers Recipe Products