Sprouts in Garlic Butter
A fairly decadent sprout dish but it is tasty and nutritious too.
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. corn, peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion - chopped fine
- 4-8 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 small chili pepper (serrano, jalapeno, habanero) - minced
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups Sprouted Beans - we like Beanie's Awesome Mix, Adzuki, Christmas Present, Mung Bean, PeaBanzo, Pea Carnival, and Spring Garden
- 3 Tbs. wine and/or broth of choice
- toasted sesame oil
- In a wok or pan - heat 1 Tbs. of the butter and the cooking oil over high heat for 1-2 minutes (don't let it burn).
- Add the onion, garlic, chili pepper, and cayenne - stir-fry/saute for a minute (don't let it burn).
- Add the Chosen Sprouts and stir-fry/saute for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and/or broth, Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 Tbs. butter - stirring to coat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with sesame oil. Serve over rice or noodles.
- You can mix the spices up and store for later use.
- If you use fresh spices/herbs store the mix in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle Theresa's Spicy Spice Mix on anything and everything - sprouted or not.
- Add more broth/wine if want more sauce.
- If you need to thicken the sauce - stir in some liquid cornstarch (equal amounts of cornstarch and water mixed up) at the end of the simmer.
- * You can use other Sprouted Beans if you prefer their flavor, color, texture, etc.
Sprouts in Garlic Butter Recipe Products