Sprouts for Breakfast!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites - beat stiff
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 cup sprouts - any combination of Grains - like Wheat, Rye, Kamut, or our delightful mix Amber Waves of Grain
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup corn, sunflower or vegetable oil.
- Place the Sprouts in a blender or food processor, adding the milk gradually - blend until smooth.
- Mix in the egg yolks, 3T of the oil and honey.
- In a bowl combine the 4 dry ingredients - mix well or sift together.
- Gradually add the sprout mixture to the mixed dry ingredients until the two are blended into one.
- As with all pancakes - don't over mix the batter.
- Fold in the stiff egg whites.
- Using a hot, oiled skillet or griddle - cook the cakes as one cooks pancakes.
- As you like 'em.
- Mix and match Sprouts to your heart's content. Besides Amber Waves of Grain or other Grains you may also enjoy these with some Nuts & Seeds.