Sprouted Garbanzo Bean Falafels (Chickpeas)
Sprouted garbanzo beans combine with fresh garlic, onion, yummy spices, almond meal and chia seeds to create the flavors and textures you expect from falafel without any processed flour or fried oil. Serve your falafel in cabbage or lettuce wraps with a drizzle of tahini sauce, chopped tomato and cucumber, and a pinch of fresh parsley or cilantro to garnish.
- 2 cups sprouted chickpeas
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/3 cup dried parsley
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- 1 Tbs. chia seed mixed with 3 tbs water, whisked and left for 10 mins (this acts as an egg replacer which binds the falafels together)
- 3 tbs. almond meal (you can also use rice flour or potato flour)
- Process the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, parsley in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add almond meal and chia mixture and mix well.
- Shape mixture into balls or patties. If you let these sit in the fridge for 30 mins, they will firm up nicely. Happy eating!
From Raw Food Recipes