Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The Chia makes this smoothie so thick and rich! You may get a few Chia seeds stuck in your teeth, but it's worth it!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup liquid--any kind of milk, or water. Strawberry flavored fizzy water is great!
- If you don't use pre-frozen fruit, just add one cup of ice
- 1/2 cup alfalfa or other leafy sprout
- 1 Tbs. chia seeds (you can soak these for 20 minutes in water before using them if you want. They will be thicker that way.
- 1 Tbs. honey or agave, or other sweetener, if desired.
Assemble fruit and other ingredients and place in blender.
If using dry Chia seeds, mix with the liquid you will be using in the smoothie; then pour the liquid mixture over the other ingredients and blend.