For snacks, stir-fry or as a rice add-in.
- 1 - 5 pounds of sprouts, depending on your taste
- We use San Francisco Mix, Beanie's Awesome Mix, Madison Market Mix or a combination of them. San Francisco Mix and Almonds is an excellent combination, but any bean sprouts you like will be wonderful
- 1 Tbs. garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. onion powder
- 1 Tbs. chili powder (chipotle if possible - it rocks!)
- 1 Tbs. thyme (ground fine)
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 Tbs. pepper
- 1 Tbs. sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. hot sauce per lb. of sprouts
- 1 tsp. olive oil per lb. of sprouts
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Mix hot sauce and olive oil into sprouts.
- Mix and Eat/Serve.
- You can mix the spices up and store for later use.
- If you use fresh spices/herbs store the mix in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the Spice Mix on anything and everything - sprouted or not.
Created for Sproutpeople by the infamous & multi-talented Theresa Wantuch of Jamaica.