This classic Italian soup takes the addition of sprouts wonderfully. You can use any combination or mix of Sprouted Beans you like, they're all great!
- 1/2 cup cabbage - chopped
- 2 potatoes - cut into small cubes
- 1 or 2 carrots cut nicely
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 cup spinach - chopped
- 1 summer squash - chopped
- 4 cups Sprouted Beans - we like Beanie's Awesome Mix, Christmas Present, Pea Carnival, San Francisco Mix, and Spring Garden
- 1 cup pasta - your choice
- 1 quart tomato puree or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 Tbs. parsley
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped
- salt to taste
- parmesan or romano cheese - optional
- In a big pot combine the Sprouted Beans, veges, pasta and tomato puree or stock.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer - cook 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Make a paste of the oil, garlic, and herbs using a mortar & pestle, blender or food processor.
- Top the soup with the wonderful paste you just made, and some parmesan or romano cheese.
- Serve with garlic bread or Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread and butter.
- Mix and match bean sprouts to your heart's content!