Fantastic! We've made this recipe more often than most over our years as Sproutpeople.
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
We use Big Beige Garbanzos, Garbanzoid, PeaBanzo, or Spring Garden - though you may also use San Francisco Mix or Beanies Awesome Mix if you like.
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (more or less - to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Hot Sauce of your choosing (optional)
- Mix all ingredients to desired consistency using a food processor.
- Spread hummus on serving platter drizzle olive oil + sprinkle paprika over top.
- Slice cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, etc. and place around hummus.
- or: Spread Hummus on flour tortilla, top with Leafy Sprouts. Roll it up. Serve whole or sliced.
- Decorate as you wish.
- We used Nasturtiums and Italian Parsley in our picture.
- Add Olive Oil, more Tahini or hot H2O for smoother hummus
- We generally make this with Big Beige Garbanzos. Just thought you might want to know how conventional we are =;-)
- Variation: Habanero Hummus: add 1/2 habanero pepper (roughly chopped)